Tuesday 20 May 2014

Kristiansand early morning

Adam from Visit Sørlandet arrived at work a little early one morning.

Have you ever had one of those days when you woke up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep? I had one of those such nights. I woke up at 0300 in the morning and it did not matter what I did, I could not get back to sleep.

So, I got up and went to work and left the house at about 0500am.

There were no cars on the roads and driving into the city of Kristiansand was kind of weird. It reminded me of that movie with Will Smith Legend where he was the last remaining man in New York. The streets were always empty.


Anyway, there were no zombies chasing me (as per the movie) but a comfortable silence. Passing the Kilden theatre, I saw a fishing boat that had already delivered his load of fish. That man must have woken up even earlier than me!



I walked through the city streets with barely a sole in sight. Peaceful is probably the right word to use. There are flags and signs up for the Colorline Hovden bicycle race coming up this Saturday. Those guys will also be getting up early!



Anyway, I normally get to work early, but today was a new record at the Visit Sørlandet office. The great thing is, I will get a lot of work done.

Have a nice day.


1 comment: